Sunday, March 23, 2014

Romantic Weekend Adventure!

Last weekend, Mike & I went on a little road trip to some of my favourite places. Days like these remind me how nice (and important) it is to take time out to spend together. We had such a lovely day, here's what we got up to...

I drove for once, which I think Mike was a little awkward about - he literally drives everywhere and is quite the backseat driver, so it was quite amusing to have the tables turned for once!
Our first stop was Woodstock, honestly one of the prettiest, and laid back places to visit. This is the third time I've been there, and whilst it's small, it doesn't get old. It's simply stunning.
Our wheels for the day! 
Citroën kindly lent us one of their new DS3 DStyle models, which have been designed in collaboration with Benefit. I was particularly excited by this as the grey body and orange roof & wing mirrors match the 'They're Real' mascara. A car inspired by makeup!? Dream come true! Haha. 
We stopped for lunch at a fancy hotel called The Feathers, in Woodstock. While it was quite old fashioned and I have to say the atmosphere was a little stuffy... the food was amazing! Mike had their 'Ham & Eggs' to start and I went for the scallops. Both were delicious but I have to admit I got a bit of food envy! (Check out my pintrest board from the day to see our mains, I didn't want to overload this post with pictures!!)
After lunch we went for a walk around the parkland surrounding Blenheim Palace. Another reason that Woodstock is such a wonderful place to visit is that it sits right next to Blenheim. While the palace itself can be a little bit of a tourist trap at the weekends, it's well worth visiting just to walk around the beautiful gardens. The Palace itself is simply breathtaking and it's a great way to walk off a big lunch too!






After an hours walk at Blenheim, we jumped back in the car and headed over to Bicester Village. If you haven't been to Bicester before, it's well worth a visit. We used to live much closer, and therefore went every few months or so, but I haven't been in ages and it's changed quite a lot since my last trip - There's even a Chloe store there now, so I spent a good few minutes oogling at the beautiful bags in there!
We didn't actually end up buying anything, but we had a nice time window shopping and treated ourselves to some delicious Italian Gelato before heading home. I think the trio of Woodstock, Blenheim and Bicester makes such a lovely day out as they are all so close together. If you're looking for a fun day out in the Oxfordshire area, I'd definitely recommend combining them!
On our way home there was the most beautiful sunset. I honestly think it's the best sunset I've ever seen in the UK, so we had to stop and take some pictures. Did any of you experience this last weekend? It was amazing!
All in all we had a lovely day out in the little DS3 DStyle. I was rather taken with the benefit 'lady' stickers throughout and it even comes with makeup in the glove box when you buy one (which, sadly, they had taken out before dropping it off with us... maybe they thought I wouldn't be able to resist trying it out?! haha)

We also made a little vlog from the day, which you can check out below!
You can find out more about Citroën's collaboration with Benefit, and book a test drive, via the ASOS website here.

Brand Message:
Citroën DS3 by Benefit is a seriously feminine car choice for modern women - bold yet playful. Immerse yourself in the new Citroën DS3 by Benefit and the new season's look inspired by it here: www.asos.com/citroen

Disclaimer: 
This is a sponsored post. Compensation was provided by Citroën via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Citroën.

No comments:

Post a Comment