Friday, August 23, 2013

Fragrance Friday: My Summer Scents

Although summer is almost over, who can resist a sweet summary fragrance all year long? I certainly can't. There have been three fragrances that have been my summer go-to's this year. All are light and breezy but with distinctly different notes.
The first (right) is my Fresh 'Sugar Lychee'. This is probably the sweetest fragrance I own. It really does smell like a cocktail (a lychee mojito I like to think!). It's the perfect scent for a summer's day. While it's sweet, it's not sickly or overpowering... just delicious. If you like sweet scents I would 100% recommend checking this out as it has rooted itself firmly amongst my top favourite perfumes of all time. Delicious! ($38 for 30ml / 1oz, available from Sephora)

The second is from one of my favourite places to shop for fragrance; Jo Malone. It's their English Pear & Freesia scent. I've owned this for quite a while now (perhaps pushing the two year mark) and I always find myself reaching for it, especially in the summer months. It's more sophisticated than the Sugar Lychee, so I tend to use it as a casual evening scent, or if I'm going out somewhere nice in the daytime. In my opinion, this is also one of those scents that transcends age. You know how some scents feel more mature, others younger? Well this is a sweet scent that you can pull off at any age. Quite a rare thing to find! (£39 for 30ml / 1oz from Jo Malone)

Last but not least is the newest addition to the line up: Carven's Le Parfum. I've done a full review of this here on my blog so I won't go into too much detail, but this is basically one of the only full 'floral' scents that I own. If you find florals sickly and are looking for something fresh and easy to wear, yet still with the added femininity that a floral scent gives, then this is for you. It really is quite a lovely scent. The bottle is gorgeous too. (£38 for 30ml / 1oz from Debenhams)

No comments:

Post a Comment