Monday, July 15, 2013

Three of the Best: Facial Sunscreens

Having had such glorious weather over the past few weeks, and the fact that many of you will be heading off on your summer holidays over the next month or two, I thought I would share my three favourite facial sunscreens with you today.
Now, I wear SPF50 on my face everyday anyway...
but when I'm out and about in the sunshine, or on holiday, I make sure I re-apply numerous times throughout the day with a more purse-friendly option (The Prevage Triple Defence cream I use daily is £65 a pop so I'm not really going to be popping that on four times a day!)
My first choice is Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Sun Defence for Face with SPF 50. This cream is very thick and ever so slightly greasy. I really like this however, because it doesn't just block out the suns harmful rays, but also leaves your skin intensely moisturised. This is a great choice for those of you who suffer from dry skin. I also use this on delicate areas like my chest, or on any freckles or moles that might be on show. If you don't like the distinctive smell of Eight Hour cream, this one might not be for you as it is quite heavily scented (I personally love the smell and I've used it for a few years now so it now reminds me of holidays which is nice!) You can pick this up for £21.25 for 50ml with free delivery from feelunique.com
My second choice is St. Tropez's SPF 50 with Tan Enhancer. This is an option I go for when I'm looking to get a bit more colour, but still want to protect my skin. It's a much more lightweight cream than the Elizabeth Arden and it's formulated with Melanobronze, which helps to stimulate Melatonin in the skin, to help enhance your tan naturally (surprisingly for a fake tan brand... there is not actually any fake tan in here, so don't be scared of any streaks etc!) It's a little cheaper than the EA option at £13.50 for 50ml with free delivery.
My final pick has got to be Piz Buin's In Sun Radiant Face Cream. While I own this in a slightly lower SPF of 30, it tends to be my sunscreen of choice for sunny days at home, where the sun isn't quite as powerful. Piz Buin has long been my sunscreen-of-choice for the body, and the smell for me is now synonymous with sunshine. I love it. This SPF is non-greasy and despite having 'Radiant' in the name, doesn't contain any fake tan or added sparkle. It's water and sweat resistant too so perfect if you're out and about in the sunshine or prone to getting hot and bothered in the sun! This is the cheapest of the bunch at £10.99 for 40ml but also comes highly recommended from me. (It is also currently buy one get one free in Boots!)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend in the sun, and thoroughly enjoy any holidays you have planned this summer! There will be a few more of these little posts targeted at summer products, so if you're looking for holiday-friendly product recommendations, then keep your eyes peeled! On another note... if you're not already following me on BlogLovin', please do! I find it's the best way to keep up to date with all of my favourite blogs! Check out my page HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment