Friday, May 3, 2013

My Many Faces: The Bride to Be


Last month, Max Factor challenged me to create three different makeup looks inspired by three different aspects of my life as part of their 'Many Faces' campaign. They invited me along to meet one of their makeup artists Caroline Barnes, get to know the Max Factor line a bit better and to talk through the three looks that I wanted to create to represent my three 'faces'.

Today it’s time to share my third and final face with you all.

The Bride-to-be
In the run up to my wedding this summer, I've been on the hunt for the very best performing makeup for my big day. Although I live and breathe beauty on a daily basis, your wedding day is kind of like the ultimate test for your favourite products. 

Which bases provide the best, most natural looking coverage? Which products last all day long? Which shades are the most flattering for your skin tone? Let's face it, you want to look your very best on your wedding day. 


Caroline recommended a whole host of products to me, and we whittled them down based on my preferences and colour choices.
For base, Caroline recommended Facefinity foundation, as it has great build-able coverage as it's a 3-in-1 product with a built in serum and concealer, you can use it to give higher and lower coverage exactly where you want. 
We went for pretty peachy-pinks on the cheeks and lips with Caroline's favourite Colour Elixir lipstick in Pink Brandy topped off with the Giant Lip Pencil in Subtle Coral for a touch of gloss.

For nails, my favourite shade from the Glossfinity range has got to be Desert Sand, it's a sheer nude that can be layered up to create an opaque look, or left sheer with one coat for a 'natural nails but better' look.
 
It was really interesting talking through all things bridal makeup with an expert like Caroline, it's definitely given me some inspiration for my big day... excited!
What do you think of the look that we created? Check out my other looks here and here, I hope you enjoyed seeing my 'Many Faces' and the thought process behind each one, it was great fun creating them. A big thanks to Max Factor and Caroline Barnes for the challenge!

*This post is sponsored by Max Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment