Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cream of The Beauty Crop...

Today I thought I would share some of my favourite cream beauty products and my favourite ways to apply them. I adore cream products, regardless of season and shade so today I've done my whole makeup look using some of my favourite cream beauty bits and my favourite brushes.

Synthetic brushes are much better for applying cream products than natural bristles, as they don't absorb the product into the hair surface as much. They also tend to be more hygienic as each synthetic hair shaft is smooth, whereas natural hair shafts are uneven and can collect product (and grow bacteria!) While some synthetic brushes can be stiff and hard to work with, I love the Crown brush Syntho range because the brushes are just so soft and flexible, you get the best of both worlds.

So what's on my face today?



First of all I applied my Illamasqua primer. I actually like to apply this with my fingers to get a smooth finish (it's much quicker that way too)

Next I used Crown's Syntho Precision Powder brush to apply my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua cream foundation. Even though this is marketed as a bronzer brush, I love using it for cream and liquid foundation, as it allows you to really buff the product into the skin, easily achieving a flawless finish.

I also used the Crown Syntho DLX Blending Crease brush to apply my Make Up For Ever concealer, mixing colours from my palette to achieve the perfect shades for different parts of my face. I love using fluffy blending brushes for applying concealer, as I find they easily work the product into the skin, without moving the product around too much, and lowering the coverage (as is often the case if you use your fingers)

I applied a little bit of Illamasqua's Gleam cream highlighter in Aurora (again with my fingers, as that's how I like it!)

Followed by my NYX Cream blush in Glow using my Crown Syntho Precision Powder brush. This brush is actually my favourite little discovery from the Crown Syntho range, as I normally apply cream blusher with my fingers, but this brush works absolute wonders with cream blush, I can't get enough of it.


For eyes, I just blended a tiny bit of my Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in 13 on to my eyelids with my Syntho Angle Shader brush, followed by a tiny bit of Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in Espresso using my tiny little Chisel Shader brush.
This brush is another little gem. I have really round eyes, and find gel and liquid eyeliner tricky sometimes, this brush is perfect for lining the lower lash line, which I find to be more flattering for my eye shape.


Last but not least... I finished the look with my L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara and a little bit of Revlon's Lip Butter in Lollipop and voila!


My a complete look with some of my favourite creme products!

You can pick up all of the brushes shown in this post from the Crown Brush website, what's even better is that prices start at £4.49 (for the Chisel Shader).

I'd love to know what you guys think! What are your favourite cream products, and tools for applying them?

* This post is sponsored by Crown Brush UK

No comments:

Post a Comment