Friday, April 12, 2013

My Many Faces: The YouTuber


If you didn’t already know, last year the beautiful Gwyneth Paltrow became the creative inspiration for  Max Factor. The ‘Many Faces’ campaign showcased different looks from all of her different roles in life including Writer, Rockstar’s Wife and Business Woman.

Last month, Max Factor challenged me to do the same using their makeup line. They invited me along to meet one of their makeup artists Caroline Barnes, get to know the Max Factor line a bit better and to talk through the three looks that I wanted to create to represent my three roles.

Today it’s time to share my second ‘face’ with you all.

The YouTuber

Being a ‘YouTuber’ is surprisingly different to being a ‘Blogger’. Yes, you’re essentially doing the same thing via a different medium, but putting yourself ‘out there’ by presenting your own videos on YouTube is a lot more scary. I therefore tend to up the ante when it comes to my look, I go for a higher coverage base, and experiment with colours a bit more to make it more visually dynamic for my viewers. Making videos often pushes me out of my comfort zone with makeup, and out of that neutral makeup rut that is easy to fall in to on a day-to-day basis.
Caroline and I came up with the above look to represent the YouTube role in my life. I knew I wanted a bolder lip, and I love deep berry tones, so Caroline recommended the Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in Mulberry. She recommended buffing this into the lips to create a stain, then use the new Giant Lip Pencil in Passionate Red over the top to give a lovely glossy finish.
We kept the eyes neutral with a slightly smudgey, smokey look to them by using my favourite Max Factor product: the Liquid Effect eyeliner in Black Fire. Caroline recommended using this wet to get the best performance, dipping it in a little water before use. We finished the look with lashings of False Lash Effect mascara in black.

For nails we went a little matchy, but I just love this berry colour (Glossfinity in Burgundy Crush) the picture below is one coat too... pretty impressive!
What do you think of the look that we created? Check out my first look here, and keep an eye out for my final ‘Many Faces’ look, which will be posted on here in three weeks time. 
*This post is sponsored by Max Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment