Not only is this box the brand's first since being bought out by 'the original' US beauty box company Birchbox last month, but the lovely JolieBox team also invited me to be on the cover of their monthly 'JolieMag' that comes with the box.
Naturally, I jumped at the chance. The mini magazine is actually one of my favourite parts of receiving the box every month as it's always full of beauty tips and tricks, little interviews with bloggers and brand creators and lots of useful info about the products inside the box, so it makes for an interesting read with my afternoon cup of tea.
I also got the chance to sit down with Katia Beauchamp (above left, one of the co-founders of Birchbox) a few weeks ago to have a chat about what's to come for JolieBox. It's fair to say that the future is certainly looking bright for the brand, which is soon to become 'Birchbox UK'. The success that Birchbox have seen in the states has been phenomenal and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the features of their fabulous website and online shop incorporated into the Joliebox set-up. I would most certainly 'watch this space' when it comes to Joliebox over the next few months, I have a feeling that this merger may just set the brand up to blow their competitors out of the water!
This month's box itself is themed around everything 'Pure and Natural' and I'm absolutely loving it's contents so far (I only received it yesterday, so no in-depth reviews yet I'm afraid!) but here's a little rundown:
- Jason's 'Lips Bee Healthier' lip balm, which tastes exactly like After Eight mints (amazing!) and leaves your lips feeling all tingly!
- A miniature pot of Moa's 'The Green Balm', which has gone straight into my handbag. I love miniature sizes of things, they are so useful on the go! I'm sure this multi-purpose balm will come in very handy, especially at this time of year when I tend to get dry elbows, knees and... lips!)
- Ritessens Facial Exfoliator - I haven't tried this yet, but it smells nice!
- A full size stick of 'Freedom Glow' from Revolution Organics. I've never heard of this brand, but I'm looking forward to trying this multi-purpose shimmer stick.
- Finally, a little box of 'Lov is Beautiful' tea from Lov Organic. There are 6 little muslin tea bags containing a blend of white, green, mango, peach and apricot tea. I'm drinking one of these as I type and it's lovely... yey!
So that's it for today guys! What do you think about JolieBox merging with Birchbox?!