Monday, October 29, 2012

Precious Stones

This week I've been sporting one of Rimmel's new glitter shades for Christmas 2012. They launched two shades as part of their 'Precious Stones' line at the beginning of the month and since I've recently re-discovered my love for disco-ball nails, they both caught my eye.

This shade is a lovely gunmetal glitter called Diamond Dust, but there is also a gorgeous ruby red (aptly named Ruby Crush)

I'm a huge lover of holographic polishes so it's nice to see them being picked up by high street brands a bit more recently. This polish has a lot of texture. In some lights it's almost cement-like, and while that doesn't sound all-too glamourous, something about it is really lovely, and perfect for this time of year.
It needs a good topcoat to give it a lovely shine (I would recommend Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri or Mega Shine) as it has quite a matte finish when used on it's own.

The one downfall with this polish is that it chips very easily. I got two days of wear before I had a couple of nails with huge chips, about 2 days less than my average polish wear-time.

You can pick this polish up now, priced at £3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment