Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: AreaH2O Shampoo & Conditioner

I was really intrigued to hear about AreaH2O, a new brand of hair care that is tailored to the water type in your area (in case you weren't aware, water is categorized into 'soft' 'medium' and 'hard' depending on the type and amount of minerals deposits it contains. You water type depends on your area, and the packaging if this product has a helpful map on the back if youre unsure a out your water type) There are a few other similar products out there on the market, but this is the first of its kind that I've tried.

I live in a hard water area, so shampoos and soaps often fail to lather effectively, so I was intrigued to see what this shampoo could do for my hair.


The shampoo itself smells amazing: very fresh. It actually reminds me of a mixture or cucumber and grass (sounds odd, but it's actually quite nice!)


After washing my hair, it left it feeling quite 'squeaky clean' and not smooth to the touch. Followed by the balm-like conditioner (which said you only need a small amount, I felt like I needed quite a lot to coat my hair!) it definitely left it feeling a little stripped.


Without using a leave in conditioner, it's an absolute nightmare to detangle, but with a few sprays of my trusty unite 7 seconds, it's not a problem. So when wet, it's not really a luxurious, or particularly pleasant product to use (apart from the smell!) but once dry, it's a different story. 


The products left my hair feeling soft and smooth, but lightweight with lots of body. I really love the result, but I'm not sure it's really that different to using my normal shampoos and conditioners. I'll definitely finish these, and enjoy using them, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.


Have any of you tried hair products tailored to your water type?


You can pick up AreaH2O now, from lookfantastic.com, £9.95 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment