Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fragrance Friday: Alien Essence Absolue

Thierry Mugler is one of those love-hate brands for me. I wore Angel religiously in my teens, and adored it, but it's simply too much for me now. It seems that their second most famous scent 'Alien' has had the opposite effect on me... I hated it when I used to wear Angel, but more recently it has started to grow on me and when I smelt the new version of the fragrance, I found I actually really like it.
The new Alien Absolue Essence is a slightly sweeter version of the original, with added notes of vanilla and amber. To me it is a lot easier to wear than the original and lasts (literally!) all day on my skin. As usual with Mugler's perfumes, two sprays and you're good-to-go for the whole day. This is one thing that I love about the brand, as I find it increasingly hard to find fragrances that don't disappear within two hours. If you're looking for a scent with serious staying power and you like gourmand fragrances, this is for you!
You can pick up the new Alien Absolue Essence now from all major department stores (It's a permanent addition to the Thierry Mugler family). The 30ml and 60ml refillable bottles are priced at £52 and £69 respectively.

The Original Alien

No comments:

Post a Comment