Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Essential: My Favourite Waterproof Mascara

A good waterproof mascara is a must-have for your summer holidays, but I have to admit I've struggled finding one that matches up to my non-waterproof formulas. I never want to spend a fortune as I don't use them when I'm at home, so I never tend to go for the high end ones, yet can't seem to find any great ones on the high street. This week however, I discovered a fantastic one and thought I simply must share the news!

It's Bourjois' Volume Glamour Max Waterproof Mascara. I've never been totally blown away by one of Bourjois' many mascaras before, but they are usually pretty good (is it just me or do they seem to bring out a new one every few months?!)

This one add serious volume, without being overly-clumpy. If you like the doll-eye look, this is for you. It applies well. I've actually layered it up for the evening too and it looks great. It stays put all day and doesn't flake like some others I've tried.

Bourjois say it contains natural wax and black pearl extracts to make it gentle and suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. I wear contacts daily and it didn't irritate my eyes at all. When it comes to taking it off, I used my simple eye makeup remover pads and they worked a treat.

If you're looking for a good waterproof mascara for your summer holidays... I would thoroughly recommend this!

You can pick this up in Boots and Superdrug now for £9.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment