Wednesday, July 18, 2012

L'Oreal French Riviera

I wore this polish in my latest YouTube video and got a lot of questions about it, so I thought I'd show it to you in a little more detail...
It's L'Oreal Paris' French Riviera, a pale sky blue with a hint of iridescent blue shimmer in it (although sadly, it doesn't really show up on the nails, it look beautiful in the bottle)

I'm not normally one for these blue pastel shades, but I'm loving this at the moment. In these pictures I've layered Zoya's Chloe over the top to make it a touch more lilac, and add some gemstone shimmer to it. 
The application is fairly sheer, so you'll need three coats for full opacity. It's the first time I've used one of these new(ish!) L'Oreal Colour Riche polishes, and I have to say I like how dainty the bottles are (although hold a mere 5ml of polish compared to the usual 10-15ml!) 

The wide brush makes it easy to apply. The wear time is pretty good. I took this off after 4 days with no chips at all. They are meant to be gel-based polishes. to be honest I didn't notice any difference to a normal polish in terms of colour, finish or wear (except that it was sheer... not usually a bonus!)
You can get these in Boots and Superdrug now. They are £4.99 or currently on offer in Superdrug at 2 for £6.99

On a complete side note... This is the first day in a long time that I've been able to take my pictures outside. When I started blogging I used to do this for almost every post, and I miss it (damn you UK summer!) I managed to get a great shot of Woofy, who loves helping (but actually hindering - she has been known to steal a product or two!) So here's a daily dose of cuteness for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment