Thursday, July 26, 2012

Khaki Makeup for A/W 2012

If there's one colour I'll admit to being a little afraid of, it's green. It's never been a colour I've been drawn to, whether in clothing, nails or makeup, but more recently I have been swayed when it comes to khaki. You'll be seeing khaki makeup everywhere this autumn/winter, and I'd really recommend giving it a try (especially if you have green or hazel eyes like me, it can really help to bring out their colour!)


Just take a look at both Dior and YSL's new A/W collections... khaki central!
Dior A/W 12 Campaign


 
YSL A/W 12 Campaign

YSL A/W 12 Collection

I have to admit I'm not 100% sold on the nails...
YSL La Laque in 31 Khaki Arty
Dior Les Vernis Golden Jungle Nail Art Duo

I love Dior's idea of using a crackle polish to create a 'crocodile effect'. I'm the first to admit that I'm totally over the crackle polish trend (and I was a week after discovering it!) but I really like the effect this creates, although I'm not sure I would wear it all the time.

I do however, absolutely adore the Khaki mascara (I've tried this, and although it looks scary on the wand, it looks fantastic on the lashes!)
YSL Effet Faux Cils in Khaki
I'm also loving the various muted green eyeshadow palettes. (Also note that they all have a touch of metallic in there too, be it gold, silver or olive, both help to 'lift' the look a little!)

Dior Golden Jungle Palette in 001 Golden Khakis

YSL Pur Chromatics Palette in No.10
Dior 5 Couleurs Designer in Khaki Design
Dior's 'Golden Jungle' collection will be available exclusively at Selfridges from Monday (30th July) and nationwide from 10th August.

YSL's 'Autumn/Winter 2012 Look' is available online now!

What do you think girls? Do you like the khaki makeup trend? I'm hoping I will be able to track down some drugstore dupes for some of these shades in the next few weeks, but if you know of any please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment