Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nailed: Butter London Knackered

I've been obsessed with this polish recently. It's 'Knackered' from Butter London's Spring Collection: a pale lavender-green duochrome with flecks of holographic glitter.

I don't think I've ever seen a polish that ticks both the duochrome and holographic boxes for me (both equally my favourite types of nail polish!) so I'm absolutely loving this at the moment. Not only does it look gorgeous, with a subtle hint of glitter, it's seriously chip resistant too… It stayed put (and chip free!) for about 6 days on my nails, when normally I manage to chip them within a couple of days of wear.


Butter London polishes are not the easiest poishes to find, but definitely worth it. This colour is especially original, the only similar shade I've ever seen (which I also own due to my duochrome-obsessiveness!) is Deborah Lippmann's Wicked Game. It's an almost idential colour without the all important holo glitter!

For some reason the glitter (which appears to be very fine) is a little too chunky for the formulation and leaves a slightly uneven finish on the nails. Having said that, it's nothing a good top coat can't fix… this polish has firmly shot up into my all time top 10 - I'm in love!
Butter London knackered is available from butterlondon.com, for £12.

No comments:

Post a Comment