Friday, September 2, 2011

Elie Saab Le Parfum: This Week's Naughty Purchase!

While doing a little online makeup shopping this week, my eye was instantly drawn to the gorgeous ad campaign for Elie Saab's brand new debut fragrance. The lebanese designer (whose gowns I simply adore!) has branched out into the world of fragrance and I almost made an impulse buy based on the gorgeous bottle alone.

I refrained due to some very varied opinions about the fragrance itself on Twitter, but when I was shopping with friends this week, I made a beeline for the perfume hall and hunted a bottle down to try in person... and loved it.



I bought the 30ml edition, not so much because it was the cheapest option, but also because I loved the super cute dimensions of the bottle: a sophisticated chunk of multi-facted glass that comes packaged in a gorgeous nude box.



The fragrance is really unique in my opinion. It's very sweet but not fruity. It's ultra feminine and a great choice for daytime wear. It opens with orange blossom and dries down to reveal a heart of jasmine and base notes of cedar, patchouli and honey rose accord. Wearing it makes me feel light hearted and feminine and I absolutely love it.


This is one for you if you like sweet perfumes, but fancy something a little different. It's distinctive and sugary without being branded either fruity or floral... Delicious!

Elie Saab Le Parfum is available online and in stores now, prices start at £38 for 30ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment